2 lbs.ground beef
1 pk. taco seasoning (I use McCormick mild.)
1 head iceberg lettuce
shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag Doritos
1 bottle French Dressing (Sometimes I use Catalina.)
You may also add:
canned beans (black or pinto)
*We choose not to add these ingredients as my children are quite picky. Of course, I have no room to talk because I choose not to eat this dish with the lettuce! My younger son and I will make a separate bowl with only the meat, cheese, Doritos, and dressing.
- Brown the meat in a skillet and drain the fat. (Each time I brown any hamburger meat, I always season it with a generous amount of garlic salt, season salt, and pepper.)
- Add the taco seasoning pack and cook according to directions on package. Set aside. (Normally, you would use 2 packs of taco seasoning for 2 lbs. of meat, but I only use one package so it's not too spicy for the kids.)
- Chop the lettuce and place it in a large serving bowl.
- Crush the Doritos. (I open the top of the bag and crush them in their own bag.)
- Right before serving, toss the shredded cheese, Doritos, and cooled meat in with the lettuce. Add desired amount of dressing to the salad and toss it together again. (Careful not to over pour. You can always add more, but it's hard to take it away.)
- Serve immediatly! (I suggest only mixing enough for your immediate needs. Store any leftovers in separate containers and mix together when ready to serve again.)
As you can see, I have no serving sizes suggested. Just add your cheese and other desired mix ins according to your eye and taste. There is no set amount or measurments for this dish.