Thursday, October 21, 2010

Adopted!!! Ephesians 1

As I sit to write this blog, I am reminded of the fact that my daughter will turn 14 this Friday!  Where did the time go?  It seems like only yesterday I had her cuddled in my arms with feelings of overwhelming love and fear all at the same time.  As a new mom, we all wonder how we could ever love anyone more and question how we will ever be able to protect our children and care for them the way God has intended for us to.  For myself, there were even greater emotions as I cradled my newborn and wondered who would ever "choose" us. 


You see, I was a single mom setting out to raise a little girl on my own.  There were obvious, overwhelming questions that I struggled with.  But God had even greater plans for us than I could have ever imagined!  He sent us the most wonderful husband / father that any girl(s) could ever ask for.  We were so blessed to have a man who chose us!  Who loves us and accepts us unconditionally! 


Several years ago, while driving down the road, I explained this to my daughter.  I shared how much her daddy loved her and chose to be her daddy; the same way that God chooses us to be His very own!  In Ephesians, Paul explains to us that as Christians, we will receive the same inheritance from God our Father as Jesus!  Just as my daughter will inherit the same blessing as her siblings, we will gain the same inheritance as Jesus!  Can you even begin to wrap your mind around that thought, dear friend? 


How about you?  Do you feel neglected?  Like no one loves you?  Do you feel lonely?  Like no one understands where you've been or the hurt you've felt?  Do you feel abandoned?  The ones you thought loved you and cared for you have left you for bigger or better dreams?  You are not alone!  I dare say we all have had these emotions at one time or another.  But God loved us so much that He sent His one and only Son, Jesus, to die for our sins.  He made a way for us to be connected to him!  How did He chose you?  Do you remember the very day that you were "adopted" into the Kingdom of Heaven? 


I'll never forget the day the judge ruled and the decision was final for my daughter to legally be adopted by my husband.  It was a day of celebration!  Do you vividly remember the day your name was changed and you became a child of God?  If not, you can.  Today can be the beginning of your celebration! 

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post Christy. I am so thankful to be adopted into God's family.... and so blessed that y'all are a part of our family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...this is so wonderful! Love having ya'll as part of our family....we love you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!! That's so sweet!Lol!!~Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very inspiring message Christy. It brings tears to my eyes. What a wonderful testimony you have. You are blessed. Debra Taylor

    ReplyDelete