Saturday, October 2, 2010

Monkey Bread

This is a family favorite!  When we were living in Valdosta, I would make this almost every Sunday night!  Our friends would come over and bring their own bag (of food) and I would have this baking for us to enjoy for dessert.  One friend always requested milk with hers =). 

This is also our standard "sleepover" breakfast.  And since I made it just this morning, I thought I would post the recipe for you to enjoy as well!

MONKEY BREAD

4 cans refrigerator biscuits
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. sugar
1 stick butter (I use real butter!) at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed (I use dark brown sugar.)
1/2 cup pecans, raisins, and or thinly sliced apples if desired.

Mix sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Tear each biscuit into 4 pieces.
Toss biscuit pieces into cinnamon sugar mixture (several at a time) to coat well.

If you choose to add the pecans, raisins, or apples, sprinkle them onto the bottom of your pan.

Place biscuit pieces in a tube or Bundt pan until all are used. (Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.)

Mix softened butter and brown sugar with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over biscuits.

Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Turn upside down to serve.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good!
    I can't wait to see y'all!

    ReplyDelete