Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Red Velvet Truffles

I cannot begin to describe to you how delicious these truffles are.  You simply must make some and invite your friends and family over to share!

1 red velvet cake (baked in a 13x9 inch pan)
Red Velvet Cake Recipe
1 (16 oz.) can Cream Cheese Frosting
1 pkg. Almond Bark (chocolate or vanilla)
wax paper













1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.

2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (I used my fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)













3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50.)













4. Chill or freeze for an hour.

5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.

6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll.)







*Tip:
1.  I only melted a few pieces of bark at a time because it cools quickly.  It's best to work with when hot.

2.  I sprinkled red sugar on top of the bark, but it must be done while still warm in order for it to stick. 
 
These are to be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and are good for a week!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These are SO good. I made some red velvet and some chocolate ones... you should try the chocolate, you would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were SO good! Susan made them and so we got to have them at Christmas! The red is really good but I think I might even like the chocolate better!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete