Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting Started

This adventure began many years ago as I was encouraged by my parents, teachers, and friends to begin writing out my thoughts.  Many miles and years have led to more nudging from my husband to pursue this journey.  Yesterday, as I sat to read my devotional, I was encouraged and convicted all at once.  After journaling my thoughts, I received a phone call and email from two separate individuals which led to the pursuit of this blog today!  Little did those individuals know their challenges were exactly what I had written about that very morning.  The Lord used that to remind me my purpose for this time in my life was to share my experiences (good and bad) with those around me and He could use that to encourage them. 

I have also been asked by several people if I would ever consider writing a cookbook.  Well, that is in the works as well!  But, for now, I will also be posting recipes on this site for you and your family to enjoy.

My prayer is that this blog will lead you to the Jesus I serve if you do not know Him personally.  And if you do, that you'll be encouraged by the words He gives me to share. 

Christy

2 comments:

  1. Yay Christy! I will really be looking forward to this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! Will be anticipating your posts!

    ReplyDelete